You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Responsibilities Position Description:
This client facing role will be responsible for delivery of analytical and reporting services across Europe pharmaceutical field sales teams to ensure the usability of customer, territory, and sales information to drive field effectiveness through incentive compensation administration, reporting dashboards, and territory analysis. This role will be a critical part of the client support team and will work with sales and operational leadership to understand field/customer business objectives, design and configure reports and dashboards, and administer ongoing territory alignments, reporting and incentive compensation payouts. This role will partner with local country leadership, EU operations team, and US functional experts to ensure best practices and quality deliverables are achieved for internal and client deliverables. Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Understand client and internal business reporting objectives.
- Primary client contact for reporting, including requirements gathering, report development, testing, deployment/training, and end-user support for reporting deliverables.
- Participate in Incentive Compensation (IC) design discussions and data requirements, with responsibility for ongoing calculation and administration of Scorecard and Payout reporting per approved IC plan documents.
- Participate in Targeting & Alignment design discussions and data requirements, with responsibility for administration of ongoing adjustments per agreed upon business rules.
- Provide direction and perform quality control functions on all deliverables including standard and ad hoc reports.
- Independently create reports using standard reporting tool software.
- Work with Software vendor and internal support teams to understand software capabilities, limitations, and preferred formatting/functionality to direct client requirements and recommendations
- Lead design of new reporting initiatives, including development and maintenance of project requirements, timelines, and status reporting documentation
- Ability to work independently to process information and data to create reports on activities, trends, and projections regarding performance, efficiencies, and possible improvements.
- Act as Business Intelligence Reporting Liaison in client presentations.
- Meet with Sales Management and Clients to establish, monitor and review performance.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation
- Create case studies identifying business trends regarding sales force metrics.
- Other projects as deemed necessary by Management.
Job Requirements Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science, statistics or related field
- Extensive experience with analytics & reporting in support of client or internal business unit, preferably in Pharmaceutical Sales environment
- Fluent in English, with other EU languages preferable but not required
- Experience across multiple reporting tools, data sets and proficiency, preferably with Veeva (salesforce.com) platforms and Reporting Analytics tools, as well as strong MS Office/Excel experience.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and project management skills in supporting clients or internal business unit (either in vendor services role or internal business unit support)
- Consultative approach in interacting with all levels of client and internal management in a variety of functional areas including sales, marketing, and sales systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, work under deadlines, manage customer expectations and execute timely deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Knowledge of sales and marketing function with ability to anticipate needs, make recommendations and respond to ad hoc requests quickly and appropriately.
- Strong statistical knowledge, training and presentation skills.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
- Supervisory experience .