Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization. Our company including a Contract Research Organization (CRO) and Contract Commercial Organization (CCO), is purpose-built to accelerate customer performance to address modern market realities. Created through the merger of two industry-leading companies INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds with the ability to support customers in more than 110 countries.
We are seeking to employ a new Commercial Lead to join us, to act as the commercial point-person in charge of managing all aspects of the planning and development of resources and strategies to support and drive the client's brand(s) and business. You will work across the Syneos Health organisation and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally to establish and structure integrated solutions and client engagements. To identify appropriate resources to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective mix of talent to task to drive business performance and results, ultimately optimizing client ROI.
As Commercial Lead on this new exciting project, the responsibilities of this role should include (but not be limited to):
- Act as the client's main point of contact for all issues regarding the commercial project work
- Take internal ownership of the "project" internal P&L: Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed.
- Lead on the creation of the global launch plan; deliverables, timelines and budget.
- Monitor and report on performance/progress across all functions (internal and client based) that are aligned to the brand: Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory (KPI's/scorecard/priorities/key deliverables). Pull the cross functional teams together to ensure all operational project deliverables/milestones are achieved.
- Manage the cross-functional global collaboration across the internal Syneos team and the client team: Lead cross functional project teams and serve as key liaison with global leaders and the Client.
- Lead the weekly core team meetings to discuss major milestone and deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all activities within the project.
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure proper reporting and tracking of all commercial activities and deliverables.
- Apply own knowledge operationally as required to ensure successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Develop Senior Leadership and ad-hoc presentations as needed.
To be suitable for this opportunity you should have:
- A degree within a Scientific/Business or Marketing discipline (or equivalent) and significant work experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Acted as the lead in global launch planning and successfully launched multiple commercial assets across the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
- Had Brand P&L ownership and have managed all facets of a brand marketing team.
- The ability to understand Global market trends, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data.
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Project Management skills.
- Performance and Program Metrics Focus
- Ability to convert strategy to actionable tactical plans and develop high performing operational teams.
- Proven track record of delivering business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in the areas of pricing, reimbursement, and creative product/program development to inform and build an optimized Brand Value proposition.
- Demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales. Strong background in strategic planning and business development.
- Strong self-awareness and ability to positively lead through change management.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills.
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success.