The ideal candidate will demonstrate proven success in a business development role and will be experienced in building a book of business with a mix of new and existing accounts. Previous roles in brand/product management, sales and business development for a pharmaceutical communications agency is strongly preferred.
The Business Development Manager works closely with an account team to develop business with pharmaceutical accounts in an assigned territory. This role is responsible for identifying relevant decision makers within assigned accounts, prospecting to uncover opportunities, and working with the account team to close business. The Business Development Manager is tasked with driving the agency business within assigned accounts.
- Self-development and education as a business development professional in the branding industry
- Identifying and building key contacts across assigned accounts
- Mapping account breakdowns with intimate detail of a prospective client's organization/decision making
- Identifying potential new business opportunities
- Generate new business opportunities through targeted outreach with prospective client contacts.
- Maintain internal databases with all current prospect and client information, continuously updating and improving our client base
- Manage prospect communications, interactions and relationships
- Clear and prompt internal communication of status, potential RFP pipeline, and prospect needs
- Experience within a strategic selling role with a proven track record of success
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, brand management and/or consumer marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivation to learn and further grow a world leading branding agency Self-starter, able to work independently
- Enjoys selling and is motivated by "hunting" for new opportunities