The Vice President of Medical Affairs (VPMA) has primary accountability to meet or exceed business goals for all assigned MSL teams. She or he will direct and manage all MSL personnel across multiple client accounts. The VPMA will ensure that by managing our MSLs, our clients' expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time-bound, and attainable. The VPMA will identify, develop, and implement actions to achieve operational excellence and cost efficiency and will cultivate long-term relationships with other Syneos Health senior management across Syneos Health Consulting, Clinical, and Commercial business segments. The VPMA will be a trusted partner in providing strategic insight and medical knowledge in support of proposal responses and awarded projects, and will also play an integral role organising and directing the activities of Medical Science Liaison teams.
Responsibilities for the Vice President of Medical Affairs may include, (but are not limited to all or some of the following):
- Develop and grow the Medical Affairs MSL practice that is "best in class" and the leading supplier of contracted MSLs within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Builds and leads high-performance teams by establishing clear performance standards, hiring and retaining the best talent and structuring development strategies.
- Identifies the core competencies required to develop and influence relationships based on scientific interchange and to develop the organization staff and future leaders.
- Act as the main client contact between the client and MSLs and be responsible for all business related to the client's MSL team
- Teach others how to meet or exceed project contractual performance goals under their direction.
- Provide MSLs with the coaching and counseling that will result in exceptional performance.
- Guides, develops and implements strategic MSL team objectives, plans and budgets per team; guides the successful execution of Medical strategies and plans in the Field.
- Strategically with internal department heads and other Syneos Health divisions to provide integrated and convergent solutions to customers where applicable.
- Provide frequent, on-going performance feedback to all direct reports.
Job Requirements Requirements:
- Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Significant MSL or Nurse Educator team management experience as well as demonstrated Leadership experience
- Strong organisational, analytical, and communication skills
- Superior presentation and listening skills and commitment to instilling standards of excellence at
- every level in the Medical Affairs organization
- Strength in clinical, business, and emotional intelligence as well as information systems and technology
- Ability to lead teams, programs and discussions for business opportunities
- Ability to articulate the value proposition to existing and potential customers
- Ability to create credibility with customers that leads to business growth
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills