You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
We have opened up a new opportunity within Syneos Health for a Project Accountant to join us. This role will Report to the Director of Financial Control and Reporting and work closely with Accounts Receivable, Project Managers and the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Create, close and maintain project accounts and project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, investigate non-billed expenses.
- Liaise with PMs to assess the accuracy of project budget trackers and of WIP balances on a monthly basis.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- to management on project profitability, variances to budget, additional billing opportunities, and remaining funding available for projects.
- Main point of contact for the business on projects enquiries and support the year-end audit, as well as client audit.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Qualified Accountant with 3-5 significant post qualification experience; US GAAP knowledge an advantage as is project accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Maconomy or Oracle, particularly the project accounting module, a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable working with multiple systems and large data sets.
- Strong business partnering skills. Able to articulate recommendations to senior management