You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
You’re a trusted leader. You provide a strategic framework and confidently make key decisions. You collaborate and rely on experts throughout the business to provide insight and recommendations. You bring critical thinking and business perspective to the table. Shape the course of the only biopharmaceutical accelerator as the Senior Vice President of EU Deployment Solutions at Syneos Health.
As Senior Vice President - Deployment Solutions, you will lead all aspects of the business in Europe and ultimately be responsible for achievement of all financial targets and enterprise-wide strategic objectives. You will lead a team responsible for solution design, operations, recruiting, commercialization and partner closely with business development to drive growth. You will be customer facing with significant direct involvement with new business and will drive opportunities to connect across the whole of the Commercial business, including Commercial Integration, Consulting, RWE and Syneos One. You will be a key member of the global Deployment Solutions leadership team and work collaboratively within the global operating model.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute agreed business plan, delivering revenue, margin, and EBITDA targets
- Lead annual planning process and set and track KPI’s to ensure achievement of targets
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to ensure that EU Deployment Solutions business growth is in line with enterprise wide strategic objectives
- Drives proactive and insights driven business development strategy
- Own key business relationships with client and target companies, working closely with Global Client Solutions (GCS) to target and develop relationships with big pharma
- Lead, mentor and develop a team that will be responsible for all aspects to build and scale EU Deployment Solutions function
- Work closely with leaders and across entire Syneos Health Commercial business to develop broad, integrated solutions-based offerings to potential clients
- Ensure the overall productive collaboration and service provision to ensure back-office support services meets all customer needs, such as compliance; human resources; recruiting; training and development; analytics, reporting and fleet
- Ensure best in class operational activity that can design, recruit, train, deploy, manage and monitor promotional and field-based medical solutions
- Participate in expansion activities for EU (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Work with the executive leadership team to identify and develop new service offerings.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in a sales, marketing and commercial operations capacity
- Strong background in sales and marketing roles with responsibility for prescription pharmaceutical business
- Experience within line-management roles within the biotech, pharma or medical device industry
- Experience in a service role within a biopharma consultancy or agency
- Demonstrable background in an international (marketing, sales or general management) role including coverage of UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Proven leadership skills with significant leadership and field force management experience
- Strong sales and business development background, a track record of working in high growth environments
- Able to think strategically and tactically both short and long term relative to customer and industry
- A demonstrated network of industry contacts and industry reputation
- Demonstrates strong character / business ethics, particularly work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Proven P&L management experience
- Ability to travel regularly, both nationally and internationally
- Be a positive ambassador of the company, its vision, mission and goals. Represents the company professionally and credibly during and outside of company hours
- Europe specific industry knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Med Device
- Strong commercial credibility – good track record in industry and strong credibility in sales, marketing, operations
- Proven ability to hit/exceed a predefined target provided by company
- A strong collaborator, both internally and externally focused
- Ability to work independently to achieve timelines specific to RFPs, customer presentations, and client deliverables however willing to work collaboratively in a team environment in the best interest of the customer
- A second European language is preferable but not essential.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain