You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You’ll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients. High-level details in one sentence about the role.
A Research Analyst/Health Economic Modeller role requires one to be an individual contributor on consulting projects and is primarily responsible for conducting secondary (i.e., analytically and scientifically based) research and working closely with project management in the creation of high-quality project materials and client deliverables. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time, with minimal direction, and to communicate proactively and effectively with team members and project management.
ResponsibilitiesThis role will offer you the opportunity to support the Value, Access and Health Economics team. This role requires capabilities in the preparation and analysis of (patient-level and aggregate) data, according to agreed protocols and statistical analysis plans. Typical projects include (network) meta-analyses, survival analyses, HTA compliant cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, but also could include advanced economic models (e.g. dynamic transmission models for infectious diseases), depending on the background and experience of the analyst. The audience for these analyses will be various life-sciences customers as well as healthcare payers, providers and regulators. The successful candidate will have strong skills to communicate (i.e.,verbal and written) of their findings in a balanced manner. You will support the design of relevant studies; provide input into proposals, protocols and statistical analysis plans. We expect our team members to perform quality work and you will be responsible for the quality control of your deliverables and meaningful interpretation of the results.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
• Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics or related discipline
• Ability to work independently but also as part of a cross-functional team
• Strong knowledge of health economics and methodologies for the analysis of patient-reported outcomes (e.g. utility measurement, analysis and development of patient reported outcome measures, costing studies)
• Experience of designing and implementing health economics (i.e., cost-effectiveness or budget impact models) and/or PRO studies
• Good knowledge of HTA methods and processes. Experience with HTA submissions a plus.
• A strong understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage, reimbursement and pricing
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Experience of successful proposal development
• Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues
• Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics
• Strong computing skills and understanding related to health economic modelling (e.g. Stata, R, WinBUGS, VBA, SAS)
• Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Fluency in English
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)