The motion graphics animator will be responsible for designing and developing 2D and 3D animations and videos using primarily AfterEffects, Cinema 4D and Premier. They will be responsible for bringing storyboards to life, developed in collaboration with the senior motion graphics, the art department and client services team.
The animator will be expected to use whatever method (software) is required to achieve the most impactful end product, we typically use the Adobe Creative Cloud, but that is not a limiting element. Software skills should therefore not be a limitation to the successful candidate.
The development process will include concepting, storyboarding, animating, and editing, all in collaboration with the account teams and the art department. The animator will use a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning digital concepts to meet client briefs and expectations setting campaigns apart from those of our competitors.
- Prepare plans, concepts, designs and layouts for motion graphic projects
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables including patient videos, talking head interviews, eLearning animations, website animations, device demos and congress stings
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design
- Work with editors, producers and other animators to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics
- Design and create storyboards
- Participate in brainstorming session to share new design/motion graphic perspectives and ideas
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organisation of graphic files
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest motion graphics techniques
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards
- Significant motion graphic design experience and capabilities
- Fluent in the use of AfterEffects, Premier, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Healthcare industry experience (not essential)
- The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to think creatively and deliver inspiring concepts
- The foresight to put themselves in the shoes of the client/recipient
- Meticulous attention to detail creatively and technically