The VP of Sales and Operations will be responsible for leadership & management of the field teams deployed in Europe. Responsible for the planning, building and leading a first class regional sales force, which will possess the experience and capabilities required to realize commercial goals and success within diversified therapeutic areas. He/she will provide strong leadership and direction to maximize business opportunities and work collaboratively with other key internal and external functions to address client needs. They will play a key leadership role in planning and executing product launch, commercialization and life cycle strategies and the implementation of market plans for individual client teams.
The role has line management responsibility for SYN Health National Business Leaders, Sales Directors and VP of EU Deployment Operations. Responsibilities will include oversight of all field force sales and operations including design, project planning, building and managing launches, leading current sales forces across multiple projects, therapeutic and team promotional team types within Europe. He/she will work closely with client and internal stakeholders to develop and drive strategies in the field to drive compliant sales success and take responsibility for all client partnerships and governance.
He/she will be a dynamic, decisive executive with effective leadership and management skills who can motivate, develop and lead the salesforce while creating close collaborative partnership with Market Access, Medical Affairs, patient services, reimbursement, operations and other commercial teams to achieve desired results through clear direction, active communication, coaching and the creation of a shared vision.
- Lead, develop and grow a sales organization across Europe, to assure that appropriate levels of talent are positioned to execute business plans and deployment solutions strategy.
- Provide first and second line management for Field Leaders and Sales Operations Leaders with responsibility for driving performance in the field.
- Lead on client partnerships and governance to ensure a common mission and vision and ongoing operational excellence on all projects
- Oversight of EU DS Sales Operations planning and implementation
- Create a cadence for business reviews and make recommendations to Executive Leadership regarding field structure and contingency strategies as necessary.
- Participate in the development & lead on the execution of the EU DS Growth Strategy
- Partnering & Supporting Business Development for client pitches & RFP responses
- Strong client relationships with a focus on current client retention & identify growth opportunities
- Participate as a member of the EU Senior Leadership Team in long term planning, budget planning, business process planning and other corporate strategic / tactical projects
- Incorporating Best Practices of Field Deployment from US & Asia and customizing for EU region.
- Help identifying new potential Syneos opportunities including the development and leadership of risk share opportunities
- Supporting the SVP EU DS on strategic, on-going, & ad hoc initiatives.
- Comply with Company policies and foster core values.
The VP of Sales and Operations EU will have extensive experience in the pharmaceutical/bio-pharmaceutical industry. A minimum of 5 years’ experience with a minimum of second line management of multiple sales forces, products and structures is required. Experience leading the commercialization of specialty and primary care bio-pharmaceutical products is required. He/she will ideally have had experience building and managing insourced and outsourced commercial models and have an understanding of risk share models.
- Superior leadership skills and the ability to keep the team focused on the key metrics that drive business.
- Ability to build highly effective cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of coaching and developing next-generation leaders
- Experience establishing and growing sales organizations.
- The proven ability, as supported by superior product/portfolio performance, to translate business goals into specific objectives.
- Understanding of multiple therapeutic and PCP/Specialty market is a significant advantage.
- Experience leading outsourced sales teams preferred.
- Experience in designing and leading multi-channel operations is preferred
- Thorough understanding of reimbursement, distribution, and access
- Results oriented and able to thrive within a fast paced, energized and entrepreneurial environment.
- Possesses analytical, strategic, business planning, communication, and teamwork/collaboration skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to foster relationships, and the ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Champions continuous learning/knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- A degree within a scientific discipline
- Demonstrated experience in pharmaceutical sales, including extensive field sales management and product launch and mature product experience.