The Learning Strategist within Learning Solutions serves in a strategic oversight and business development support role for Learning Solutions Clients, Deployment Solutions Field Teams, and other Syneos Health Business Units. This individual is responsible for consulting with internal and external clients to determine training needs and develop recommendations; developing training plans, which include determining strategic intent of the project, defining learning objectives, and curriculum, as well as sequencing and delivery; overseeing the design and development of training content and executing/facilitating training needs for different roles; leading projects; and, developing content. Additionally, the Learning Strategist must be able to support Business Development colleagues as needed and be able to identify business opportunities, work collaboratively with Business Development colleagues, and own, create and deliver proposals to Clients.
- Conducts needs assessments to evaluate current Client training gaps and needs, document outcomes, and recommend learning solutions to meet the needs
- Develops Training Roadmaps, which include defined curriculum with recommended modality and sequencing, that guide associated curriculum development
- Nurtures the training concept throughout its evolution of the project to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the project; includes strategic engagement with the client throughout the project
- Oversees development and/or creates engaging and effective training content that can be delivered via multiple modalities (e.g., distance-learning e-modules, e-zines, live training, communication and sustainability tools)
- Ensures that all training content is developed using the best, most effective, and efficient instructional design strategies and leverages any available existing Learning Solutions intellectual property as necessary
- Ensures that training content is being delivered with the most effective and efficient modalities in alignment with the budget for the project
- Oversees or develops live training logistical and preparation support, including scheduling assistance, printing guides, and facilities requirements
- Works closely with Business Development team members to define and refine solutions before a project is sold and to identify and provide recommendations for future opportunities throughout the project
- Identifies business opportunities at Clients, creates and delivers proposals, and leads that project once sold
- Collaborates with all project team members to develop content and solve project challenges
- Coordinates with Syneos Health Learning Management System team, Deployment Solutions teams, and other key internal stakeholders
- Assists in managing Learning Solutions intellectual property
- Assists in developing and maintaining role-specific (e.g., Leadership Development initiatives, Account Manager Training, Medical Sales Liaison Training, Nurse Educators) training programs/curricula
- As required, serves as a facilitator and/or conducts facilitator training for all developed content
- As required, lead status meetings with the client team
Essential Skills Required:
- High-level of PowerPoint, excellent written and verbal communication. Razor sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills, capable of supporting client pitches.
- Proven experience in delivering change projects both internally and with external partners.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience of developing learning opportunities using new technologies is crucial.
- We’re looking for a positive, confident communicator who can take ownership of this role and function in this period of exciting change. You will be comfortable influencing senior stakeholders as part of our strategic team and will be an outstanding Account Manager.
- Preferred: Background in Consulting, Background in Pharma Training, Background in Instructional Design