We are looking for individuals to join our team who bring forward thinking, a solutions focused approach, innovation and energy to the forefront of everything they do. We are now looking to take on a Senior Editor to join our team to assist teams in the implementation of tactical elements of client medical education programmes.
- Proof-reading, styling and copy-editing of documents (especially in Word and PowerPoint).
- Marking up/styling figures and copy
- Liaison with internal studio/studio trafficker (creative, traditional typesetting, PowerPoint and new media sections) for production of typeset material. To include proof-reading, style, consideration of layout, colour and format issues (where needed).
- Liaison with external contacts (e.g., healthcare professionals, clients, congress secretariat, publishers) on behalf of Medical Writers and Editors to settle queries or obtain materials/approvals.
- Tracking progress of projects, providing internal and external updates where necessary.
- Inputting/typesetting/formatting PowerPoint slides when necessary.
- Liaison with other Editorial Assistants and Editors to optimally manage support staff workload across the division.
- Help to manage team administrative tasks (e.g. collation and copying of data packs, reference ordering, obtaining copyright permissions, maintaining team filing systems).
- Undertake basic information searching.
- Writing projects where appropriate, e.g., biographies, minutes, correspondence etc.
- Perform or assist others in the role of publication co-ordinator where necessary (where publication planning is an element of the client’s medical education programme). This may involve some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate activities with team, client and authors to ensure successful delivery of all planned publications (manuscripts, posters and abstracts)
- Proactively develop/manage/update publication plan charts or databases based on team/client/author responses/feedback
- Flag issues proactively, inform/drive team re impending deadlines (abstract due dates, author/client comments due, etc.), proactively chase comments etc.
- Liaise with teams to ensure that incoming comments on manuscripts/abstracts/posters are allocated to and actioned by Medical Writers in a timely manner
- Be main source of information for status of all ongoing publications
- Be main source of information for congress and journal information in specific therapy area
- Undertake copyright enquiries and permission requests
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent word-processing skills.
- Line management experience.
- Good copy-editing skills (grammar, style considerations – familiar with in-house style and client product style preferences).
- Proficiency in the use of common computer software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and willingness to learn about new systems/other software (e.g. EndNote, Access, online search facilities, Internet and other databases).
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks – from simple administrative tasks to more complex projects.
- Good communication skills – need to be comfortable talking to and liaising with teams on a day to day basis
- Previous publishing company experience is an advantage.
- Previous communications agency or healthcare company experience is an advantage.