We are looking for individuals to join our team who bring forward thinking, a solutions focused approach, innovation and energy to the forefront of everything they do.
Our Medical Communications team delivers across a spectrum of work with the aim of translating complex science into compelling messages that deliver value and action. Our credentialed Medical Education Consultants provide clients with strategic insight and innovative medical communications solutions for even the most complex products and diseases. We provide content that can be syndicated across all media and channels to deliver solutions to enhance patient care.
The primary purpose of the Medical Writer role is to have developed a deep understanding of at least one therapy area. In addition to taking primary ownership of client accounts and the management of high quality outputs from the team.
Product/Task Leadership & Accountability
•Understand how to manage and deliver most standard deliverables/tasks independently.
•Ensure the quality control process is followed and completed for their projects, at all stages
•Responsible for accurate input of all hours worked onto timesheets on a daily basis for self and teams
•Has good working knowledge of at least one product and the associated therapy area.
•Can describe the role and purpose of a medical communications agency in detail and the basics of the capabilities of the company's network
•Has a good understanding of the overall healthcare industry
•Shows confident presentation/interaction skills internally or externally in some situations
Team Orientation/ Collaboration
•Share information and ideas with others to enable them to accomplish team goals
•Is consistently a pro-active team player
•Begin to act as a role model for less experienced team members
•Manage direct reports effectively by providing constructive and actionable feedback
•Actively contributes to the culture of the wider team
•Contribute to Company meetings
- Degree within a scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Strong communications skills, especially in written form
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and good proof reading skills
- Solution focused – suggestion of ideas and recommendations where appropriate
- Ability to write at a level appropriate to the target audience
- Demonstrates thorough research & understanding of the therapeutic area & scientific/market environment
- Ability to distill complex data into comprehensive messages
- Develop and deliver scientifically high quality content
- Ability to use Powerpoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel