As the Director of Scientific Services you will support the growth of the medical communications business across Syneos Health and across the EU Communications group.
- Strong ability to understand, develop, and implement scientific and commercial strategy.
- Solid scientific background, a depth and breadth of writing and editorial experience and excellent writing, editing, and reviewing skills.
- Strong client-focused approach to work, ability to relate to key client personnel and KOLs in an assertive and professional manner, confident handling of difficult scenarios or client dissatisfaction.
- Act as Scientific Counsel on one or more key accounts to ensure thought leadership and to foster a growth-focused mindset
- Effective project and resource management; proven ability to manage a range of clients/accounts.
- Oversee the output of the Scientific Portfolio Directors and Scientific team Leads to ensure it is strategically insightful and meets SH quality standards
- Broad experience in scientific and editorial management and delivery of the key offering and services within MedComms
- Extensive experience of reviewing, developing, and implementing scientific processes and working practices, including gold standard quality control (attention to detail, process application, consistency, and SOP adherence).
New Business development:
- Proactively suggest opportunities for growing existing client accounts and innovative ideas to expand the offering to support our clients needs
- Be an active member of new business pitches, providing scientific strategy and solutions to the need. Take an active part in the presentation of pitches when appropriate
- Advise on which members of the scientific team might be suitable for involvement in specific proposal and pitch activities
- As an active member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to business planning, problem solving and the development and tactical implementation of the Med Comms strategy.
- Build and maintain strong effective working relationships with the EU MD/DMD’s, to ensure co-operative and effective cross-functional working at all levels as required.
- Proven ability to train and develop people and undertake skills assessment, identifying business needs, creating development plans to address gaps, and resolving performance issues promptly/effectively
- Proactive, advanced problem-solving approach to team-specific and company-wide issues
- Substantial experience in the med comms/healthcare arena
- Degree or higher degree in Life Science discipline (or equivalent)
- Highly-developed motivational and leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to negotiate with other departments and resolve conflicts.
- Effective delegation skills.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload.
- Willingness to undertake continuous professional learning and development.
- Highly IT literate - advanced experience with Microsoft-based applications and general knowledge of PC functions.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork