You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There is one thing you do that is exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate , and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for this vital Director role with Syneos Health PR Group.
The primary purpose of this role, in conjunction with the MD, is to set objectives for the PR business, cultivate and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders, and to coach team member to success. Youi would be expected to lead and provide strategic counsel to multiple teams, driving high levels of satisfaction among clients, and seek out new business opportunities.
This Director role should expand beyond the every day client services. They should possess commercial and financial acumen and be accountable for meeting the business objectives of the client and the company.
We are looking for individuals to join the team that have enthusiasm in bounds and are self starters as well as bringing passion and detail to everything they do.
The PR teams handle the internal and external communications for pharmaceutical companies. Our PR Consultants interact with brand managers, product managers, marketing departments and specialist patient groups. Key responsibilities can include writing for internal publications, newsletters and the handling of communications.
Responsibilities Client Services Management
Product/task leadership & accountability
- Apply an expert level of scientific, commercial and strategic expertise to act as true partner to clients
- Provide senior support to account teams on client discussions where appropriate and leads client satisfaction
- See beyond client’s immediate needs to advise at a higher level of strategic thinking including integrated communications
- Set and maintains excellent levels of client service and instill this within the PR team
- Network in the communications and healthcare sector to build peer relations and contacts that can foster added value for our clients and business offering and grow BD opportunities
- Oversee and lead across the company in the development of new commercial opportunities with new and existing clients
- Oversee multiple account teams, including the establishment and maintenance of quality standards, cost efficiency and working practices
- Provide senior counsel on strategic direction, growth and development, financial and resource management, and delivery across the PR group teams
- Keep abreast with key events in the industry
- Provide strategic direction to account team
- Provide assistance to other account teams when needed and shares expertise
- Coach associate directors on how to lead the teams beneath them
- Demonstrate leadership at all levels of the business
- Set the direction for the PR business alongside MD
- Maintain strong relationships with client procurement teams.
- Ensure annual client revenue targets are achieved
- Drive alignment across client teams, ensuring appropriate servicing and delivery standards
- Provide internal leadership of accounts and teams
- Identify opportunities for business across the network and promote our integrated offering where appropriate
- Lead on new business pitches and proposals/ leading on opportunities for growth with existing clients.
- Seek ways to ensure competitive advantage through the delivery of innovative and diverse range of projects
- Build a safe environment for innovation and risk taking
- Proactively seeks BD opportunities both organic and new through industry contacts
- Ensure delivery of PR plan and goals against commercial company plan and goals
- Active ambassador for ’Lab to Life’
- Collaborate effectively with other business unit's to provide integrated communications approached for clients
- Ensure optimum level of resources to service client account and preempts any resourcing issues
- Periodically reviews the team structure and clients’ needs and adjust accordingly
- Manage career development of PR team to ensure maximum productivity
- Ensure PR team are performing optimally, nurtured and developed
- Promote company wide initiatives and acts as an ambassador for company both internally and externally.
- Promote the company's best interests internally at all times and shares best practice, knowledge and ideas with other account teams.
- Think with an enterprise mind-set conscious of the company’s world at all times
- Connects regularly with US counterparts to identify cross working opportunities and alignment of PR brands across geographies
- Degree educated with extensive healthcare PR experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) as well as presentation abilities
- Ability to flex style according to the needs of clients and teams
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong Attention to detail & organisational abilities
- Exposure to Global accounts
- Good Financial & Commercial Acumen
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution
- Ability to be proactive & solutions focused
- Ability to manage a team effectively as well as managing upwards
- Detailed knowledge of pharma regulations (ABPI)
- Demonstrates and maintain up-to-date knowledge and capability in all main software packages including Microsoft Office.
At Syneos Health Public Relations, the possibilities are infinite. Because of our “no walls, no limits” philosophy and entrepreneurial spirit, our employees have the opportunity and potential to work on projects beyond their years of experience. The only limitations here are those that are self-imposed, and we make sure to reward staff based on talent, not title.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?