OverviewThe Director, Compliance and Ethics, is an experienced compliance and ethics professional who serves as the local country compliance and ethics program lead for Europe and a member of the Company’s global Corporate Compliance and Ethics management team. This position will be responsible for guiding, supporting and strengthening the Company’s compliance and ethics program operations in Europe and collaborating with other regional compliance team members and global corporate compliance and ethics leadership and colleagues to ensure alignment with compliance and ethics requirements and strategies for improving the overall effectiveness of the Company’s compliance and ethics program. The Director will also be responsible for working with local commercial solutions business leadership and colleagues in Legal, Human Resources, Finance and other support functions to provide expert advice and guidance on local country compliance and ethics issues and for assisting local leadership in the identification, evaluation and management of compliance and ethics risks.
• Collaborate with the Company’s global corporate compliance and ethics leadership, local Communications and commercial solutions business leadership and other corporate functional leadership to ensure that the Company’s compliance and ethics program operates effectively to prevent, detect and correct potential violations of law, regulation, Company policies and standards (including the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics) and promotes an ethical and compliant culture
• Support the local European business and corporate leadership as a strategic partner regarding compliance and ethics matters by providing expert guidance and advice on business activities and operations and ensuring adherence with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, corporate compliance and ethics policies and standards, and any applicable local laws and regulations (e.g., local anti-corruption requirements)
• Ensure local country alignment with corporate and commercial compliance and ethics program requirements, strategies, initiatives and priorities
• Identify, evaluate and monitor local country-specific compliance and ethics risks and working with local country management to ensure proper management and control of these risks
• Monitor, encourage and support local management activities, interactions and communications that promote an ethical and compliant culture that is consistent with Company compliance and ethics standards and expectations
• Translate compliance and ethics program global strategies at the local level, based on appropriate local needs, goals and objectives, and taking into account local external regulatory trends and environment
• Provide and coordinate appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on compliance and ethics to employees in Europe, including developing and delivering customized compliance and ethics education & training materials to reflect local requirements and targeted to address local compliance and ethics risks
• Work closely with global corporate compliance and ethics leadership and colleagues on compliance and ethics matters, including escalating detected instances of potentially serious compliance and ethics violations, assisting with compliance and ethics investigations as needed, and providing advice and guidance on local compliance and ethics matters
• Assist in the drafting, reviewing, revising, and implementing corporate compliance and ethics policies and procedures and developing country-specific variations, as needed
• Monitor developments and changes in local or regional regulatory compliance and ethics requirements and assist in incorporating these changes, as needed, into local policies and procedures and training and educational materials
• Refer matters to the corporate compliance and ethics team, as needed, and/or provide guidance to managers and employees in the EU on inquiries or concerns related to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and corporate compliance and ethics policies, requirements and standards, including any country-specific requirements or standards
• Assist with monitoring and other reviews or evaluations of the Company’s corporate compliance and ethics policies and procedures in Europe and the implementation of any related corrective actions
• Bachelor’s degree, BA/BSc (Science background would be advantageous) required
• Experience in healthcare Compliance with demonstrated expertise in managing an enterprise Compliance and Ethics program, or equivalent consulting experience required
• Management experience required
• Prior experience in a compliance, regulatory or control related role in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or related sector in Europe
• Prior experience in the development of a Compliance and Ethics program, risk or control framework across multiple business and centres of operation
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the laws, regulations and requirements relating to compliance and ethics requirements in Europe, including anti-corruption requirements
• Demonstrated ability to present and communicate effectively with executive management
• Experience supervising work by outside vendors and contractors
• Superior drafting and communication skills required
• Proven track- record of collaborative problem solving with senior management and business leaders to achieve business goals in a compliant and ethical manner
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)