Syneos Health is the only global organisation dedicated exclusively to healthcare where clinical and commercial communications solutions are fully integrated – sharing knowledge, data and insights – to deliver better processes and smarter practices to accelerate the delivery of biopharma therapies to market.
Syneos Health Communications is where technology, creativity and humanity come together. Our creative services department is a central service providing a full suite of creative services to our Medical Communications, Public Relations and Advertising businesses units all based in our European Head Office in London.
We demand the best from our people but in return, we offer a creative environment designed to allow you to be yourself and achieve your potential. We also offer unparalleled career development opportunities and exceptional benefits.
The primary role of the Studio Manager is to oversee the running of the department; ensuring it is adequately resourced, apportioning the work flow, (in conjunction with the business unit traffic managers) and taking overall responsibility for the accuracy and regulatory compliance of all artwork work generated.
The ideal candidate for this role would have worked in the Pharmaceutical industry and be aware of the rules governing the production of materials therein (ABPI). The role requires an organized leader with expertise in the pre-press/artwork production field, with a high quality threshold, a strong eye for layout, accuracy of copy and a proven track record of effectively handling an internal team of artworkers.
- Organizing and leading all aspects of the artwork process from the design phase to printer handoff and, in the case of digital work, to ensure that work is digitally compliant and delivered in the agreed formats
- Working directly with suppliers (Printers/Media Agencies) and internal stakeholders (Traffic Managers/Account Handlers) to effectively manage the artwork production, development and implementation stages
- Ensuring the company’s online job bag system (currently Review Studio) is properly administered
- Identifying and procuring additional freelance artworkers during periods of high demand whilst liaising with HR and Finance for appropriate approvals.
- Sourcing production requirements such as printers illustrators and photographers in conjunction with the creatives
- Motivating, coaching and developing the studio artworkers with appropriate on the job training and timely appraisals in conjunction with HR
- Manage the throughput of our work through primarily through our London office but also through offshore creative service hubs within the group
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of different printing techniques and their limitations
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of digital delivery formats and understanding of the impact of resolution (pixels) on final output and the subsequent effect on legibility across different display methods
- Prior experience working as a trained Artworker and experience in pre-production printing
- Understanding of legal Pharmaceutical requirements
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort working with cross-functional teams and ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to own projects, act quickly and influence across all levels of an organization
- Excellent leadership skills and capable of nurturing and developing staff, allowing them to reach their full potential
- Act as a strong champion for client needs
At Syneos Health Communications, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health®, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?