All medical writers, irrespective of experience, must continuously work to rigourous standards on behalf of Syneos clients.
There is an opportunity to gain deep understanding of each brand's scientific story and provide valued writing and opinions to the broader agency team.
Expectation is that a writer will take ownership of their work and, over time become the med writingpoint person for specific pieces of client work.
Junior Medical Writer will report directly to Head of Copy but can also reasonably expect to have regularly input from Senior Medical Writers.
Write accurate and engaging scientific copy in support of Syneos clients’ projects
Produce continuously high-level work to brief, on-time
Work closely with account teams and creative dept colleagues to deliver compelling and scientifically robust stories
Provide complete reference packs for all work and, where applicable, use VEEVA style platforms
Openly discuss ideas and progress with colleagues, including art directors & designers
Present work to both internal account teams and clients
Quickly acclimatise to new and diverse therapy areas, sometimes at short notice
Understand brands and product types across a broad range of therapeutic areas
Communicate issues to relevant colleagues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Undergraduate degree or higher within life sciences
- Medical writing experience in a comms agency and comfortable working in a fast-paced agency setting
- Confident in presenting work, clearly and effectively
- Understand the different components of pharma brand building and actively collaborate across medical and creative output
- Know your role/responsibility within wider team and able to respond to team decisions
- VEEVA competency a must
- ABPI and other code understanding is essential