You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry.
This client facing role will be responsible for designing, recommending, implementing and maintaining compensation programs, policies and procedures that support the achievement of company objectives by delivering fair, competitive, and performance driven compensation in a cost effective manner to clients. Responsibilities include compensation program analysis, design, creation, maintenance and administration, bonus and incentive processes and programs. In addition, the position is responsible for data analysis and reporting and provides necessary professional and/or technical level support and guidance. Functions as an internal technical consultant to HR, senior management, hiring managers, and employees to identify and resolve various compensation-related issues/questions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Primary client contact and subject matter expert for IC services from implementation to project shut down, including design, gathering requirements, documenting specifications for programming and report generation, developing/maintaining timelines, QC, and coordination of administrative activities (i.e. billing) appropriately.
- Provide direction and perform quality control functions on all IC deliverables.
- Develop and maintain project documentation including scope documents.
- Lead design of IC initiatives.
- Work independently to process information and data to create reports on activities, trends, and projections regarding incentive plan performance, efficiencies, and possible improvements.
- Train sales representatives, managers, and clients on Incentive plans.
- Meet with Sales Management and Clients to establish, monitor and review performance.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation
- Create case studies identifying business trends regarding sales force metrics as they pertain to IC.
- Other projects as deemed necessary by Management.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, finance/accounting, or a business-related field.
- Master’s Degree in a directly-related field preferred
- Substanstial experience in progressively taking responsibility in the incentive compensation preferably in the Pharmaceutical arena.
- Strong data analysis/financial analysis skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Previous IC reporting experience is mandatory.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be advanced in the use of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to do complex formulas, pivot tables and power pivot reports.
- Database query skills (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL or equivalent)
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications (Access, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment with shifting priorities while providing deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Must be well-organized with excellent time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop/create professionally formatted summary materials (e.g. spreadsheets, tables, charts).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and understand broad-scope issues while simultaneously attending to details.
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented; take ownership of projects and produces results.
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and able move quickly to resolution.
- Proven strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and ability to synthesize information and data from a variety of sources.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to solve problems, make defensible recommendations.
- Understand how certain compensation issues may impact other company departments.